Mavericks guest + Keyboard + Trackpad

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Abhijit, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Abhijit

Abhijit Member

I just got Mavericks installed as guest (Host is Mountain Lion) - Parallels Tools is installed

Everything is working beautifully on the guest (and the host) but there are few issues:

a) The trackpad in Mavericks is not working. Says Trackpad not found. This eliminates all the gestures

b) On the host Mountain Lion if you press Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right it pans between full screen desktops. Even if Windows Guest is running as Full Screen, these shortcuts work inside Windows Guest. In Mavericks guest the same (Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right) works inside guest. I change the same (from preferences) to Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right
    Now I expect the original Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right should work across guest and host. This is not happening. How can we achieve the same

c) When the Mavericks Guest is running full screen how to come back to MountainLion Host ? There does not seem to be any elegant mechanism other than to change the full screen guest to windowed mode.

2. ci2own

ci2own Bit poster

How did you install mavericks on parallels from mountain lion host?

I'm trying to install mountain lion or mavericks on parallels 8 from mountain lion host and it says i can just install OS X 10.5 or 10.6.

Could you tell me how you did it?

Thanks in advance!

3. Abhijit

Abhijit Member

#1 - I am part of Apple Developer Program
    #2 - You need the Mountain Lion bootable ISO - The bootable USB is no good with Parallels - I re-downloaded the Mountain Lion from App Store and converted to Bootable ISO (Google will help to convert the downloaded ML Installer to DVD image)
    #3 - Use this bootable ISO to install Mountain Lion - This is straight forward - nothing special
    #4 - Once you are in GUEST Mountain Lion - open the Mavericks ISO (downloaded from Apple Developer site) and just install the same - Again it was straight forward for me. No special settings are needed other than latest version of Parallels 8

4. StarShot

StarShot Member

I don't understand much of what you said re "host". What I did was to accept the Mavericks invitation. I then downloaded the OS X 10.9 developer software. When it finished the installation, AFAIK, everything ran just like it did with Mountain Lion including Parallels. The trackpad works fine in both Mavericks and in Windows. I don't remember how I installed Windows 7, but I think it was through BootCamp. All this with my new MBA 13.

5. Abhijit

Abhijit Member

Did you install the Mavericks as your primary OS. What I mean is, when you start MBA which OS start? These are HOST OS. Inside these OS you will have Parallels Desktop installed.

Now using the parallels, create a VM and install Mavericks - you should see the problems.