Mavericks multiple monitor support and DP 9 problems

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ivahost, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ivahost

ivahost Member

Hi,
    I have the latest developer preview (7) of OSX 10.9 installed and it appears that DP 9 does not work properly when sending a VM fullscreen when I have multiple monitors attached. I have set the VM to use OSX fullscreen and when making the VM fullscreen the normal animation you get does not happen and the machine just go full screen. Most of the time the menu bar stays on the screen and the blue arrows to return back to windowed mode are not there. When disconnecting the extra monitor everything returns to normal.

anyone else noticed this?

-Ivar

2. Mikezx6

Mikezx6 Bit poster

Hi there, I have the GM release of Mavericks and experience the exact same thing, although full screen is enabled and Windows "thinks" it has multiple screens only a single screen is available through parallels, I look forward to a resolution, so that I can use all the screens that I had available with 10.8

Mike

3. GillesH

GillesH Bit poster

Exact same problem here!

My Win8 VM sees 2 screens but only one is really active. Tried to set the second screen as primary in windows to see if it changes anything to no avail. Nothing changes.

That's not good at all as PD9 was supposedly Mavericks ready.

Has anyone already opened a service request with Parallels' support team?

Regards,

Gilles

4. NewMacDude

NewMacDude Bit poster

Mavericks GM & Full screen menu bar

I downloaded the latest update (9.0.23062, rev 920702) earlier today. The app seems to work a little better with Mavericks GM, but I still have a menu bar when I go full screen on my second display. I was really hoping that today's update would fix that. :( Hopefully they will fix this soon now that the GM has been released.

5. Mikezx6

Mikezx6 Bit poster

Still no joy

I have updated this morning with zero change, by now I'm sure that the team are aware of this and there is probably action happening (at least I hope)

6. GillesH

GillesH Bit poster

Hi,

I had been using the update you installed for quite a while now (it's dated Sept. 12th). everything was fine excepted for the coherence mode when the taskbar is positioned on top of screen (maximized windows would not detect the mac menu bar and be partly hidden behind it.
    I updated to Mavericks GM on oct. 4th with PD9 already installed and updated. At first I thought something went wrong with the update...

Hope it'll be fixed soon...

7. gleichzeitiger

gleichzeitiger Bit poster

For me fullscreen works fine with Parallels 8 under Mavericks GM, when I choose the option to set all screens to fullscreen and not only full screen from the drop down menu. Then the menu bar disappears. With VLC it only worked when I did choose the option under settings to use native full screen mode. This option was turned on already for me under the VMs settings (a Windows 7 machine), not sure if it is necessary, but if it is turned off, maybe its worth to give it a try.

For me an acceptable workaround but just normal full screen mode hopefully makes the menu bar disappear too, but I am sure updates will fix this soon when Mavericks is released, I hope also for Parallels 8 ;-)

8. SoCalUser

SoCalUser Bit poster

I have the exact same symptoms as Gilles above. Parallels 9 (up to date as of today) will only display Win7 on a single monitor even when Use All Monitors is selected in the OSX 10.9 GM build. I am going to downgrade back to Lion until this is fixed.

9. cdubois

cdubois Junior Member

Same issue here with 10.9 Mavericks GM. It would be really nice to have a fix for multiple displays soon. Also, I hope when this is fixed, it works in the style of Mavericks as well, allowing me to independently switch desktops per display.

10. ivahost

ivahost Member

Its fixed in the latest maintenance release of DP9. However they have introduced a new bug in that opening VM's where the startup view is set to the same as when VM closed and the vm was closed while in full screen mode DP9 around 30% of the time creates a ghost space when starting the VM. The only way (that I found) to get rid of the space is to shut down parallels.

11. Mikezx6

Mikezx6 Bit poster

I can confirm that 9.0.23136 DOES fix the issue for me... :)

Thank you Dev' guys

12. cdubois

cdubois Junior Member

It works for me now too.

13. photog

photog Bit poster

I had an issue using two screens with the option of "Use all Displays in Full Screen mode." One of the screens would not show up in OS 10.9. It was there but I could not find it.

I found that if I open the Mission Control preferences and uncheck (is it checked by default with the install of OS 10.9) displays have separate spaces option, then log out and back in to take affect. My problem was solved.

14. medialhabenula

medialhabenula Bit poster

I upgraded to Mavericks with Parallels 8. I was unable to run two monitors from my VM as described. I did what photog said. Went to Mission Control, unchecked "displays have separate spaces". Then rebooted. I can now run both monitors from my VM like before once Parallels is set to use both monitors in full screen. Nice trick! Thanks.
    Now if I can only get Parallels to stop making my speakers crackle and pop....