Max licences problem on Mac OS re-install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, Jun 1, 2015.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi StanN1,
    Please check your private message and reply us.

3. DeanC2

DeanC2 Bit poster

Hi there, i have the same issue as the original poster, except that i bought a new mac and time machined everything over.
    When i try to activate the license i get the error message saying i need to buy a new one :/
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DeanC2, Please check your private message and reply us.

5. suzannec

suzannec Bit poster

I have the same problem, I bought a new Macbook Pro 15in, it was not working properly, so I had to return it, I tried the Macbook Air 13in to see if I would like it better, but decided I would stick with the Macbook Pro 15in. I had to reinstall from a Time Machine back up each time and now I am told that I have reached the Max Licences. I have a copy of all my invoices and returns. How can I get my Parallels to work?

6. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Suzannec,
    Please check your private message and help us with the information and we'll resolve this issue for you.

7. OlafK1

OlafK1 Bit poster

I have the same problem .. bought a new MacBook .. had to reinstall from Time Machine over 5 times (and switched from gold to silver) .. now I get that error message as well ... I opened a support request as well

8. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello OlafK1,
    If you have already opened a support ticket then please hold on for some time while you hear back from Parallels Support via Email. We will have the issue resolved for you very soon.

9. WimO

WimO Bit poster

hello, same issue as above.
    my Macbook Air hard disk got reformatted and I had to install an old Time Machine backup. After the full back-up instalment, while opening Parallels Desktop, a pop-up screen invited me to activate PD. Kind of strange, as all my software products during time of backup were licensed and fully operational. The only product-key I find does not work. Can you please advise me what are the next steps?
    Best regards,
    Wim

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi WimO,
    Please check your private message and reply us.

11. Guys, we would like to let you know that you may reactivate your Parallels Desktop license several times because of some Mac technical issues or Mac replacement.
    But according to the security police we are unable to share personal license key with other users, in this case we've sent you private messages.

12. WimO

WimO Bit poster

Hi Maria, thanks for acknowledging reading our posts. So far, I only got one message saying "Please check your private message and reply us." Still waiting for that private message which includes any action or suggestion to resolve my problem.

13. @WimO, I've change the activation limit of Parallels key for you.
    Except for that please check your inbox for more info.

14. WimO

WimO Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I got my PD activated. Seems I had different pswds for different updates I bought.
    I have another question: I want to copy my whole Time Machine backup (within the PD VM) onto the laptop. How do I proceed please?

upload_2015-7-27_18-10-14.png

Attached Files: