I run a MacMini with Mac Sierra and 16GB memory. I have split this down to 8GB for Mac OS and 8Gb for Windows running on Parallels. Everything ran smoothly.
Since the last update of Parallels, I now get a message everytime I launch Windows 10 that my allocated memory is outside the recommended memory allocation range (which is a maximum of 4GB) - this never used to happen. I use Windows 10 pretty exclusively on PCs and know from experience that it runs a lot better on 8GB than 4GB. In fact, if you wish to run a few programs in parallel (no pun intended), 4GB struggles.
I just delete the message and carry on, but it is a bit annoying. Is there a technical reason why I should restrict the memory allocation to 4GB? If not, how can I get rid of the nagging message at launch of Windows?
Since the last update of Parallels, I now get a message everytime I launch Windows 10 that my allocated memory is outside the recommended memory allocation range (which is a maximum of 4GB) - this never used to happen. I use Windows 10 pretty exclusively on PCs and know from experience that it runs a lot better on 8GB than 4GB. In fact, if you wish to run a few programs in parallel (no pun intended), 4GB struggles.
I just delete the message and carry on, but it is a bit annoying. Is there a technical reason why I should restrict the memory allocation to 4GB? If not, how can I get rid of the nagging message at launch of Windows?