Memory leak in Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by koppah, Apr 18, 2021.

1. DmitrijG

DmitrijG Bit poster

2. NickK7

NickK7 Bit poster

Update, I found a different thread related to my issue, but this sadly doesn't fix the issue for me

3. AlexanderN6

AlexanderN6 Bit poster

Confirming that I am also having this issue. Brand new M1 Max, running Windows 11 set for 8GM ram. Showing up as 16GB in Activity Monitor.

Attached Files:

4. AlexM42

AlexM42 Bit poster

Any news on this issue? I just installed Paralles for the first time and am surprised to find it uses twice as much memory as assigned to it.
    Even more surprised to find out it's been a reported issue for more than half a year...

5. JakebM

JakebM Bit poster

Hi, any updates on this issue? I can't even run one program without it running extremely slow due to ram memory usage being unreasonable high.

6. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello, Pleaser refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/112091 and check. Thanks, Parallels Team.

7. david107

david107 Bit poster

I experience this issue running Linux clients in Parallels.
    It runs usually at 3-4 times the ram usage compared to the actual resource usage in the VM.
    I have tried everything in the KB article and my MAC has 16+G ram and I run the VM with virtually nothing else running in the background.
    Right now I am typing this from the Linux client running an XFCE desktop currently sitting at 650M ram usage in the VM, but parallels is running it with 7.5 Gigs!!