Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by VincentD1, Sep 1, 2017.

1. VincentD1

VincentD1 Bit poster

Within windows 10 is I try to use edge to do a download from the internet it fails. Type Internet Explorer into the search bar an run that and then do the same download and it saves and can then be executed. Anyone else having the same issue. I guess I can just load Chrome and never worry about Edge but it sort of a pain that it just fails to download. Running P13 (42936) and the latest Windows 10 in a VM configuration.

2. VincentD1

VincentD1 Bit poster

I now know what the issue is but can't fix it. Edge only like to download to the C drive of the windows. In P13 and maybe this was an issue in P12 as well I have a shared profile ticked under the Options Sharing menu of Windows 10 Configuration, under the Configure button I have the downloads folder selected and this send you to \imac\downloads (or something like that). Only problem is Edge won't save to that folder. So lets reconfigure P13 to not share the iMac folders. Un select the Downloads and this puts you into a constant reboot cycle where it tries to break the share link and go nowhere. Only way to stop the need for windows to reboot is to reselect the downloads folder as being shared. Sorry but P13 is so full of errors and issues I almost wish I had not upgraded, and now the more I read the more I see people with the same issues.

Anyone know how I can break this shared link and get edge to work, might just install Chrome as my default browser. Interest to see if anyone else has this same issue. Or can you break the sharing links from iMac to windows 10?