I am recently encountering an issue with Microsoft office documents. Even with Parallels not running, when i double click a document in Mac OS, the document attempts in open in the "windows Microsoft application". That is, it launches parallels and then attempts to open the document in the Guest Windows OS.
I can open the document if i first open the application (excel, word, powerpoint) in the Mac OS environment and then "open" from within the application.
The issue is also true with Microsoft Office attachments in Entourage.
I am guessing that the file associations are somehow messed up, and the default application appears to be the "Guest Windows version of Microsoft office". How can i correct this situation ?
Suresh
I can open the document if i first open the application (excel, word, powerpoint) in the Mac OS environment and then "open" from within the application.
The issue is also true with Microsoft Office attachments in Entourage.
I am guessing that the file associations are somehow messed up, and the default application appears to be the "Guest Windows version of Microsoft office". How can i correct this situation ?
Suresh