Microsoft Project

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JohnB87, Apr 21, 2021.

1. JohnB87

JohnB87 Bit poster

My entire reason for parallels is to allow me to run Project... it is the only thing I cannot do natively on Mac... Has anyone got MS Project working on Windows 10ARM under Parallels... otherwise, I will hold off and stay chained to desktop rather than moving to laptop...

2. NoBackUp

NoBackUp Bit poster

I have been using it since December this and a few functions in Excel was the primary reason to come back to Parallels

3. AbelD1

AbelD1 Bit poster

Hi buddy, i just have a question, do i need install excel twice on my mac for excel reports in MS Project? im trying to export a report to excel and i cant do it because Excel is not install on my VM,

Thank you

4. BAMR

BAMR Junior Member

I've got Project 2019 running in Parallels, but it does some really strange things. Occasionally the program will become unresponsive to mouse input but its not hung. I can restart Project and it will save my project and close down normally.

Also, if I move to the File tab, I often just get a blank white screen - again, Project is still running OK - meaning I have to close it via the menu bar and restart.

5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

You may need to go to the File > Account screen and manually run Office Updates. For some reason MS Project doesn't update automatically.
    Once the updates are done let us know if all is well.

BAMR likes this.
  6. BAMR

BAMR Junior Member

Looks like it is up to date unfortunately.

I think its a graphics issue as the program never stops responding - I've had some missing menus last night and even when Project goes all white, I can still close it down and Windows is still fine. Its like a graphical glitch which also breaks the mouse interaction.

7. AllanM4

AllanM4 Bit poster

We also have a strange graphics issue when using MS Project (latest version with no available updates). When we scroll the right hand section of the screen (timeline dates side) and then scroll to come back to the current date the greyed out vertical bars showing Saturday/Sunday, the timeline dates and the Gantt bars partially disappear. If we minimise the screen and then maximise the screen straight after then everything re-appears again. Happens 100% every time we scroll left or right in the Timeline section and very annoying. We've tried to update all display drivers, Parallels is up to date etc and has happened throughout all of the regular updates for Windows too. If anyone has a fix for this and can share it would be much appreciated.

BAMR likes this.
  8. BAMR

BAMR Junior Member

That sounds very similar to my issues then - I've just done some work with the timeline and looks like its happening here too.