Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CallumS1, Feb 1, 2018.

1. CallumS1

CallumS1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have got the Parallels Desktop for Mac Home/Student edition. For my college work I need to be able to run Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. At the moment when trying to install the software it gives me an error saying it is not supported by the processor type.

Can anyone tell me if they have successfully managed to install this software and if so how did they do it?

I didn't know if I upgraded Pro Edition which has
    VM 128 GB vRAM
    32 vCPUs for each VM

vs the Home/Student Edition
    8 GB vRAM
    4 vCPUs for each VM 128 GB vRAM

If this would enable the software to install and run, any help is much appreciated!

Callum

Attached Files:

GordonW4 likes this.
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CallumS1 , please isolate Windows and Mac by clicking configure > Security > Isolate Windows and Mac and check if that helps.

GordonW4 likes this.
  3. GordonW4

GordonW4 Bit poster

Hello, I also use Mac Home / Student all the time in my studies and faced the same problem. But I decided to contact the service center after all.
    They did everything for half hour.
    Now I'm working on my diploma project again.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. NectariosK

NectariosK Bit poster

Hello,
    I am a Pro user of parallels.
    I isolated my Isolate Windows and Mac but I'm having the same setup failed error (Fatal error during installation (0x80070643))
    Can someone please urgently help me.

5. AlbertoL1

AlbertoL1 Bit poster

Hello,
    Any update on this matter?
    I'm trying to run SSMS on a Windows Insider version, I already isolated Windows from Mac but I'm having the same setup failed error (Fatal error during installation (0x80070643))