Microsoft Word always fills screen in coherence mode?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Stephen Van Dellen, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Stephen Van Dellen

Stephen Van Dellen Member

With Parallels 12.2.0 Pro in a Windows 10 VM on an iMac in coherence mode, when I open Microsoft Word 2007, it always opens maximized and fills the entire screen even covering the Mac's menu bar and dock. If I click the Restore Down button, the Word window is reduced in size but it leaves the whole rest of the screen black. This happens whether I start Word in coherence mode or start it in non-coherence mode and then switch. If I hover the mouse near the top or bottom of the screen, the Mac's menu bar and dock respectively appear so I can exit coherence mode. When I do, the usual Windows Desktop appears with the Word window on it.

Excel and Power Point 2007 from the same installation don't do this. When I start them in coherence mode, they open in normal sized, non-maximized windows with the usual Mac stuff displayed around them.

I use Excel regularly but Word just once in awhile so I'm not sure when this started. Probably not more than a few months ago. Is anyone else seeing this sort of behavior with Word 2007? With any other version of any Microsoft Office programs?