Migrated to new Macbook Pro, no Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VinceP, Sep 26, 2011.

1. VinceP

VinceP Bit poster

We just purchased a new Macbook Pro and used migration assistant to set up the new computer. Everything seems to work fine except Parallels 6 will not recognize the internet connection on the new machine. OSX will recognize the internet, but Parallels won't.

We are running the latest version of Lion and Parallels 6 on the Macbook Pro. Is there some setting we are missing?

2. Craig Givant

Craig Givant Member

You may need to reinstall Parallels but I would start by simply re-installing Parallels Tools from within the VM.

If that doesn't work then Parallels is probably looking for the original version of your network adapter instead of the version that is in your new machine. If thats the case, an uninstall and re-install of the Parallels application should fix it.

Just make sure to back-up your .PVM files so you don't lose your VM's.

3. strells

strells Product Expert

You could also try going into the Hardware configuration of your VM and removing and re-adding your network adaptor. If you are using MAC address filtering on your router, you should note down the MAC address and re-enter it if you remove then re-add the adaptor.

Steve

4. VinceP

VinceP Bit poster

Craig and strells,

Thanks for the help on this. I was able to go into hardware configuration and add the network adaptor. So far, everything seems to be working.

If this hadn't worked, I would have re-installed Parallels Tools as Craig suggested.

Thanks again for the help,
    Vince