I'm going to buy a new system with Windows XP Pro running on it. As soon as that system comes in, I'd like to migrate the pre-installed OS to a guest OS to provide an additional layer of security and stability, plus give me the ability to recover to my own guest image "recovery point" if needed.
What is the easiest way to accomplish the migration of an installed Windows OS to a guest OS? The Parallels Image Tool wants to copy the entire hard drive to an image, including the empty sectors which isn't at all useful for doing what I want.
Thanks in advance.
jack
What is the easiest way to accomplish the migration of an installed Windows OS to a guest OS? The Parallels Image Tool wants to copy the entire hard drive to an image, including the empty sectors which isn't at all useful for doing what I want.
Thanks in advance.
jack