I've learned the hard way that to run my XP programs the way I need to, I need 8 GB of RAM. I tried upgrading the MacMini to 4 GB and while this helps, it doesn't solve the problem. I love Parallels; it just needs more RAM to run my databases. I'll also be getting a faster hard drive. So, my question: can I migrate my entire MacMini into the Imac using Apple's migration technique, OR do I have to reinstall Parallels, etc.? I can't figure out how to do this and nobody at MicroCenter or Apple really knows anything about Parallels. I plan to format the seven-month-old Mini's HD when done, reinstall Snow Leopard and try to find somebody who wants it.
I'm hoping I can migrate everything without reinstalling Parallels because it took a tech in India (who was great) several hours to get everything to work. I don't want to revisit the experience, no matter how nice he was.
Leslie
I'm hoping I can migrate everything without reinstalling Parallels because it took a tech in India (who was great) several hours to get everything to work. I don't want to revisit the experience, no matter how nice he was.
Leslie