Migrating to Parallels from VirtualPC

stantastic

Bit poster
I'll try to make this short and simple.

I've been running Windows XP under VirtualPC on my desktop Mac PowerPC under Leopard OS X 10.5.8 for years. Just purchased a new MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.5 -- and I want to migrate my VirtualPC VM over to Parallels on the new machine. I have Parallels 5.0.

I installed Parallels 5.0 and then used the migration ability to turn the older VirtualPC VM into a new Parallels VM. Followed all the screen prompts and everything seemed to work. When Windows tried to start up, it asks for re-activation over the internet -- only, I DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS UNDER THE NEW Parallels/Windows combination. It will NOT connect. All of my old apps are on the desktop as before, everything "appears" to run fine, but I have no internet access ability.

I tried creating a brand NEW VM in Parallels from scratch, using a Windows XP CD -- that procedure also worked. And when it was done, THAT VM had internet access and everything was working -- except -- it has NONE of the applications that existed in the VirtualPC VM that I've been working with over the years. Short of re-installing over 50 Windows applications to the VM that seems to work, HOW CAN I GET THE MIGRATED VirtualPC VM to work as well. It seems that the "Network Adapter" in the Devices pulldown menu is missing, and there's no way to make a connection with the internet.

Any and all help appreciated :-) Thanks,

stantastic
 
Back
Top