ChristineS1
Bit poster
Hi,
I currently have Parallels Desktop 10 operating on my Mac running Windows 8.1. I just updated my OS X to El Capitan, not knowing that my current version of Parallels wouldn't be supported at all, as a consequence I am now getting the 'The Boot Camp partition "/dev/disk0s4" used by Hard Disk 1 is missing.' error when I try to connect to my VM. According to http://kb.parallels.com/123072, the only solution is to upgrade to Parallels 11, which is frustrating.
I haven't got a recent Time Machine backup though so am considering spending money on the upgrade rather than downgrading my OS X to Yosemite. But as I am now a student I can purchase a new version of Parallels 11 which is cheaper than buying the upgrade key. My question is, would this be treated as an entirely new install rather than an upgrade, and therefore how can I ensure seamless integration of my boot camp partition?
If anyone has some advice that would be much appreciated!
I currently have Parallels Desktop 10 operating on my Mac running Windows 8.1. I just updated my OS X to El Capitan, not knowing that my current version of Parallels wouldn't be supported at all, as a consequence I am now getting the 'The Boot Camp partition "/dev/disk0s4" used by Hard Disk 1 is missing.' error when I try to connect to my VM. According to http://kb.parallels.com/123072, the only solution is to upgrade to Parallels 11, which is frustrating.
I haven't got a recent Time Machine backup though so am considering spending money on the upgrade rather than downgrading my OS X to Yosemite. But as I am now a student I can purchase a new version of Parallels 11 which is cheaper than buying the upgrade key. My question is, would this be treated as an entirely new install rather than an upgrade, and therefore how can I ensure seamless integration of my boot camp partition?
If anyone has some advice that would be much appreciated!