Minecraft windows 10 multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SimonB10, Feb 14, 2018.

1. SimonB10

SimonB10 Bit poster

Hi,

I just installed (latest versions, last night) the latest parallels and windows 10 (trial versions, not activated yet) to see if they can work on my old macbook for my kids. I have a windows 10 laptop that works perfectly in this situation... but I don't want them playing on my laptop. I add this comment to hopefully show it's not user error!

Are there some settings for port forwarding / network bridging / firewall that i need to perform to make it so that other network users can see the minecraft inside parallels and also so that minecraft 10 in parallels can see out?

Thank you.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SimonB10 , not necessarily . You have to just download the installation file for the game , install it and start playing it on your Windows virtual machine.

3. SimonB10

SimonB10 Bit poster

Hi Arun,

Thank you for the reply. We cant see games to join on the virtual machine, nor join the virtual machine. Something seems to be blocking the connection. Works on all other devices and i tried both the parent account and the child account on the Parallels account to no avail.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SimonB10 , please help us with the screenshots explaining the issue, so that we will check and help you out.

5. JordanK

JordanK Bit poster

Hi. I also have this problem.

Minecraft on Windows 10 when running on bare metal will find networked games on the local LAN that are hosted on iPads. When running in Parallels from mac Minecraft for Windows 10 cannot find these games.

Repro is start a game on iPad on the local LAN. Then in Windows 10, Open Minecraft, click Play and the networked game will be available on the Friends tab.

Repeat this in Parallels on mac (I'm using the same bootcamp install of Windows) and the networked game will not appear.

Attached Files:

6. Hi, I've found these instructions and looks like it's working. So, please try and let us know the results.

7. JordanK

JordanK Bit poster

The issue was I had to switch my networking mode within Parallels to Bridged (Default) and it started working. It will not work in Shared networking mode it seems.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. Great solution. BTW (maybe it will be useful and helpful for other users) more info about Bridge and Shared modes difference is located here