Minimum version to be elegible for the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 15.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Volanin, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Volanin

Volanin Bit poster

Hello,

Previously, only licenses up to two versions prior to the current version were elegible for the $49 upgrade price. (Eg.: only Parallels 11 and 12 could be upgraded to Parallels 13... Parallels 10 and prior had to purchase a new license for $79). Is this still true for Parallels Desktop 15? Will I be able to get the $49 price if I have Parallels 12? I could not find any information about this and I am not interested in subscribing at all.

Thanks!

2. Hi, you can now upgrade to the latest Parallels Desktop version from any previous version. All previous Parallels Desktop keys will work as a confirmation key for the upgrade activation. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. Volanin

Volanin Bit poster

Thanks a lot!

4. PrzemekB

PrzemekB Bit poster

Hello,
    I am trying to upgrade from version 14 to version 16 for USD49, but the moment I click Upgrade, the price goes up to USD 65.
    Can you please let me know if I can upgrade for USD 49?

5. Hello, please check price here and share a screenshot of 65$ price.
    Looking forward to your reply.

6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels ,
    it is very clear from your response that the upgrade path can be initiated from any previous Parallels Desktop version.
    Nevertheless, I think I may be an edge case, so I wanted to check with you before going ahead with my purchase of an upgrade:
    I do have a Parallels Desktop 2.x, Spanish locale license that I upgraded back then to a 3.0, Spanish locale.
    Will this license be elegible for an upgrade? I tried to register my serial number but the system returns me an error message (Wrong license key format)
    Thanks for your help.

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Kindly help us with your Parallels Desktop version 3 license key.

8. blechkiste

blechkiste Bit poster

Hi @DebasmitaM@Parallels ,
    Sorry for digging out this old thread, but I will likely have the same issue with my 2.x license, hence would you be able to assist me too?
    Thanks

9. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, we have sent you a private message. Kindly help us with your Parallels Desktop license keys so that we can check this further. Thanks