Miracast support for windows 10 under parallel desktop?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChrisJ5, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ChrisJ5

ChrisJ5 Bit poster

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Chris,
    Please follow the instructions given in this article and then check!

3. DarrenP1

DarrenP1 Bit poster

hi, is there a resolution to this? I followed the steps in the article above but couldn't see any section in that article relevant to miracast or WiDi. is there a specific part that should be followed or all of it?

thanks

4. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

5. EnricoL3

EnricoL3 Bit poster

Hi there, I' just installed parallels 13 and Windows 10 on a brand new MB Pro and have the same issue. I don't see a reply to the last post. So, could you please advise on this? IN windows the message appears: Your PC does not support Miracast. Probably this is due to a missing driver or app? Is the app wireless Display Adapter required form the Windoes store?

WLA likes this.
  6. WLA

WLA Bit poster

I'm interested in this answer too. please respond.

7. EnricoL3

EnricoL3 Bit poster

8. CsabaJ1

CsabaJ1 Bit poster

Miracast works natively with Windows computers so Parallels Desktop should fully support this screen mirroring technology.
    Is it on the roadmap? Is there any work-around recommendation until this feature will be available in Parallels?

9. Hi, Miracast dongles connect over HDMI to computers/TVs.
    Unfortunately we're not able to implement this feature, until Macs support Miracast

10. Peter45

Peter45 Bit poster

This is very disappointing as this was one of the main reasons I bought the Parallels license.

11. JackS27

JackS27 Bit poster

It works if you use Bootcamp, but not if you boot it in parallels. Very disappointing. However you can install Bootcamp and use parallels for windows to run your mac partition.