Missing highlight under app icon

I'm using Parallels Build 6.0.12106 (Revision 692267; September 7, 2011) and a WinXP/SP3 VM.

I use Quicken (Windows) in the VM and recently the little blue highlight under the Quicken icon in the Mac taskbar fails to light up when I load the app. Actually, that's not quite true. The light comes on when I click the app to load it but goes out as soon as the Quicken password window pops up. It stays out the entire time I'm in the app.

This happens in both Coherence and Window viewing mode.

Ideas?
 
I'm not sure what the launchpad is.

I had opened Quicken in the WinXP VM from the Windows Start menu. When the icon appeared on the right side of the dock (is that the launchpad?), I right-clicked>Options>Keep in Dock on it. I then moved the icon to the left half of the Dock. It worked fine for months but then the blue highlight dropped after opening it one day. It hasn't worked properly since.

I have reset the dock preferences. I have trashed the icon from the dock and reloaded it as before. All the other WinXP app icons work fine - including those pinned into the Dock. Very rarely, it will work ok - but that's about one in ten times.
 
Back
Top