mojave on yosemite via parallels desktop 10

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BarryW3, Sep 6, 2019.

1. BarryW3

BarryW3 Bit poster

Hello,
    First time posting - please let me know if I need to reformat this post. Actually I wrote and submitted this post earlier and waiting for moderation so that the post will be shown publicly but after 1 day I could no longer find it in my content.

I can't get to the 'welcome choose your country' screen when installing Mojave virtualised via Parallels Desktop 10 on my Yosemite system (MBP Retina 2015).

I downloaded the 6GB Mojave '.app' file as per the OSX Daily webpage (http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/) via the installer from this website:
    http://dosdude1.com/mojave/

1st attempt (via .app file):
    Parallels didn't automatically find the OS file so I located manually. I got the message "unable to detect operating system". I clicked continue and selected OSX. When starting up I got a boot failed message. I figured perhaps Parallels doesn't recognise an OS via .app file and that I should convert it into an ISO file...

2nd attempt (via ISO file):
    I created an ISO file from the .app file. I did this via steps 1-7 in this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/a9twye/mac_os_1014_mojave_vmware_15_diy_guide_no_3rd/

Again Parallels didn't automatically find the OS file so I located manually. I got the message "unable to detect operating system". I clicked continue and selected OSX. This time I got the apple logo and load-up bar screen. I then got the MacOS Utility screen. After selecting 'install macOS' and clicking continue it took several minutes to get to the next page. Then I got to the screen where It says select your drive to install. I selected the Macintosh HD and clicked next but then I got the error message:
    "An internal error occurred while preflighting your volume for APFS conversion".
    I was reverted back to the MacOS Utility screen. So this time I did not click on 'Install MacOS' instead I selected 'Disk Utility' and clicked continue which quickly took me to the Disk Utility screen. I selected the Macintosh HD and went on the menu bar to select [Edit -> convert to APFS...]. I got the dialog box 'Converting Macintosh HD to APFS' saying the conversion was complete and the operation was successful.

So now I got past the select your drive to install screen. However, I couldn't complete the installation. Using this video as a reference ():
    I couldn't get past the blue loading-bar screen (6:00) ie. could not reach the welcome screen (6:03). Basically after the blue loading-bar screen I get the initial apple logo screen and then goes back to the MacOS Utility screen.

I don't know if this is an issue with Parallels Desktop 10, the Mojave file I downloaded or something related to compatibility. I don't wish update/upgrade Yosemite.

Would greatly appreciate any advice.

2. Hi BarryW3. Please be informed that Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac does not support macOS Mojave as a VM.