Monterey Developer Preview

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by karlemilnikka, Jun 8, 2021.

1. JulsS

JulsS Member

I am using Parallels 17 on macOS 11.5.2 on Intel. I have a guest macOS Monterey on beta 5 and the upgrade to beta 6 does not show. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the beta profile and that did not fix the problem. I am stuck on beta 5.

juls

2. Sven G

Sven G Member

3. Sven G

Sven G Member

... BTW, using the full (about 12 GB) Monterey beta 6 installer app (for example, putting it on a USB flash drive, which is much faster than with folder sharing), it updates beta 5 to beta 6 without problems; personally, I downloaded it with MDS:

https://twocanoes.com/products/mac/mac-deploy-stick/

4. Robert39

Robert39 Bit poster

Has anyone noticed the settings cog for macOS Monterey guest systems is missing? I normally use a bridged network and adjust display options, but the setting cog itself is missing in the Parallels control center. I'm running Monterey beta on the host and as a guest OS.

5. MatthiasS9

MatthiasS9 Member

Yes, this is VERY unfortunate. I have not even found a way to change the name of the VMs :( And no way to take a snapshot, which reduces the usefulnes of the VMs, and thus Parallels, enormously.

6. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Upgraded to beta 7, but the VM once again stalled on final reboot. Had to Stop and manually boot the VM. Parallels 16.

7. JulsS

JulsS Member

Still broken for me too. Using Desktop 17.0.1 on Intel Mac 11.6 host.

8. MatthiasS9

MatthiasS9 Member

Today my 12b5 VM finally saw the b7 update, downloading now...

9. MatthiasS9

MatthiasS9 Member

Oh well, software update downloads the beta7, prepares it, reboots the VM - and comes back up with the old OS :( Did the cycle twice now...

10. MissyT

MissyT Junior Member

I got the same result as yours.
    On your Mac-powered device, download the macOS Monterey beta configuration profile from your Apple Developer account. Now, wait for the download to complete. Once it is completed, open the macOS 12 Developer Beta Access Utility from the Downloads folder.
    Double click on the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg to run the installer.
    Complete the installation steps. It may ask you to enter your passcode and perform a Time Machine backup in the process.
    Now, when the omegle installation completes, the package will automatically open the App Store on your Mac and show the macOS Monterey installation application.
    Once the newer version of the OS is downloaded, Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the instructions to install macOS Monterey.
    That's it. Once the chatrandom installation completes, you will be running the latest version of the macOS on your device. You can now go ahead and check out the new azar features of the operating system, including Safari Tab Grouping and Universal Control.:):)

11. ThomasS75

ThomasS75 Bit poster

This is solved now?

12. DavidW72

DavidW72 Junior Member

The latest version of virtualization tool Parallels Desktop now fully supports macOS Monterey, and significantly will mean Macs can run Windows 11.
    Parallels Desktop previously became an Apple Silicon native app with version 17, but there remained issues over running Windows 11 on it. Microsoft's OS had certain minimum specifications, and key amongst those was the requirement for a Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
    Specifically, Microsoft announced that it requires a TPM 2.0, and not all Macs do. However, Parallels has created a virtual Trusted Platform Module (vTPM) to address the issue.
    "The latest version of Parallels Desktop also builds' top requests," "with new gaming and 3D integrations to further enhance the user experience."