Monterey Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection turned off when Parallels starts

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by SteveL1, Nov 17, 2021.

1. SteveL1

SteveL1 Bit Poster

Anybody else notice that in Monterey when you start Parallels 17 Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection are turned off?

For Private Relay I actually get a popup notification saying Private Relay is turned off right when Parallels starts. Mail adds a banner to my emails saying "Your network preferences prevent content from loading privately."

Even when I quit Parallels Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection doesn't turn back on. In fact if I run Parallels then start Private Relay afterwards, it looks like it starts, but it doesn't work, giving you a false sense of security.

Only a full reboot of Monterey allow Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection to work again.

2. GampaA@Parallels

GampaA@Parallels Staff Member

Hello @SteveL1 , please provide when it will ask to allow Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection , then click on allow to run Parallels . Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. SteveL1

SteveL1 Bit Poster

Not quite sure what you are asking, but if I have Private Relay turned on in macOS Monterey, I get the message in the attached screen shot as soon as I start up Parallels 17. Just a notice, nothing to click on to allow Parallels to run. In fact Parallels runs fine, it just turns off Private Relay. Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 3.04.55 PM.jpg

4. BlairBold

BlairBold Bit Poster

I'm having the same problem. Can Parallels staff clarify what they meant in the post above? Was it a suggestion for a fix, or a request for more info?