Monterey Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection turned off when Parallels starts

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by BlairBold, Dec 3, 2021.

1. BlairBold

BlairBold Bit Poster

Anybody else notice that in Monterey when you start Parallels 17 Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection are turned off?

For Private Relay I actually get a popup notification saying Private Relay is turned off right when Parallels starts. Mail adds a banner to my emails saying "Your network preferences prevent content from loading privately."

Even when I quit Parallels Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection doesn't turn back on. In fact if I run Parallels then start Private Relay afterwards, it looks like it starts, but it doesn't work, giving you a false sense of security.

Only a full reboot of Monterey allow Private Relay and Mail Privacy Protection to work again.

Reposting this (original post was by someone else, hope you don't mind) because it never received a coherent response from Parallels staff. I'm experiencing the same problem. Is there a fix?