As noted in another post, in-app updates of Parallels Desktop for Mac is problematic at best. Over the past few versions, beginning with Version 3, I have routinely downloaded the "Trial" version as a work-around. To be honest, the fine print for requesting a hidden URL went unnoticed. Now that I know about it, I can use the ephemeral URL emailed to me. But there are important questions here:
What is the difference between the "Trial" download product and the product downloaded using the emailed URL? Have I been damaging my Windows XP and Windows 7 machines by using them (with my paid-for keys, of course)???
Could this be the reason that running existing VMs of both types after updating to PDM7 Build 7.0.15052, Revision 719728 results in hard failure to upgrade Parallels Tools, both in XP and Windows 7? This should not be the case based on continual upgrades to PDM7 using the same set of Windows XP VMs since PDM4 and Windows 7 through PD7 except for this latest (Nov 11, 2011) update.
What is the difference between the "Trial" download product and the product downloaded using the emailed URL? Have I been damaging my Windows XP and Windows 7 machines by using them (with my paid-for keys, of course)???
Could this be the reason that running existing VMs of both types after updating to PDM7 Build 7.0.15052, Revision 719728 results in hard failure to upgrade Parallels Tools, both in XP and Windows 7? This should not be the case based on continual upgrades to PDM7 using the same set of Windows XP VMs since PDM4 and Windows 7 through PD7 except for this latest (Nov 11, 2011) update.
Last edited: