Kitmonster
Bit poster
So I have read all the posts but don't see a clear answer I can track.
I just bought a MBP retina. Used migration to move everything off my MBA and after some fiddling with passwords got it all working.
When I plug in my standard HP monitor (1920 x 1080 60 hz) the Mavericks OS display with pin point clarity.
However when I open up Parallels into windows 7 it does its resolution doubling thing and I get a reported windows resolution of 3840 x 2004 with the Parallels Vu display. Going into Advanced settings shows the monitor is being correctly identified.
The challenge is that the text is not super clear ie somewhat blurred and looks a little washed out with less than perfect definition between colours. Its perfectly readable but not all day which is what I have to do at work. The Parallels desktop upper and lower title bars are all very clear so I surmise its all to do with the way Parallels 9 is scaling or resolving the windows desktop. Shrinking the window down to about half the screen so I can see the underlying OX desktop shows the external monitor is displaying very clearly. I tried both the standard VGA to thunderbolt lead and a Thunderbolt to HDMI, exactly the same problem. I am also concerned that when I hook up the MBR to a projector I am going to see the same poor resolution.
There must be a lot of us with the same problem so any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Its annoying as the MBA and Parallels 9 performed perfectly with any external monitor I used so it must be a retina/Parallels problem
I just bought a MBP retina. Used migration to move everything off my MBA and after some fiddling with passwords got it all working.
When I plug in my standard HP monitor (1920 x 1080 60 hz) the Mavericks OS display with pin point clarity.
However when I open up Parallels into windows 7 it does its resolution doubling thing and I get a reported windows resolution of 3840 x 2004 with the Parallels Vu display. Going into Advanced settings shows the monitor is being correctly identified.
The challenge is that the text is not super clear ie somewhat blurred and looks a little washed out with less than perfect definition between colours. Its perfectly readable but not all day which is what I have to do at work. The Parallels desktop upper and lower title bars are all very clear so I surmise its all to do with the way Parallels 9 is scaling or resolving the windows desktop. Shrinking the window down to about half the screen so I can see the underlying OX desktop shows the external monitor is displaying very clearly. I tried both the standard VGA to thunderbolt lead and a Thunderbolt to HDMI, exactly the same problem. I am also concerned that when I hook up the MBR to a projector I am going to see the same poor resolution.
There must be a lot of us with the same problem so any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Its annoying as the MBA and Parallels 9 performed perfectly with any external monitor I used so it must be a retina/Parallels problem