Mouse Capture not working in Parallels 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dcrinzema, Aug 30, 2012.

1. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

Just installed Parallels 8, and mouse capture is no longer working in either my Windows 7 or Windows 8 CP virtual machines. I played with smart mouse on and off - I reinstalled tools twice. Rebooted both Mac and Windows several times - nothing works. The mouse is fine - I just have to hit ctl/opt in order to move the mouse between the Mac and Windows.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

2. mmm201

mmm201 Member

Are you on a retina device?
    Try disabling mouse shadow.
    I am very curious if this works and I think I know what's going on.

3. dcrinzema

dcrinzema Member

nice try

but that's not it. By the way, the problem seems to be mostly in full screen mode.

4. Ray Konopka

Ray Konopka Member

I am experiencing the same problem. But here is some additional information. When I am running one VM, I don't seem to have a problem. However, when I have a second VM running, the mouse gets captured only on the first VM. When I switch to the second VM, the mouse cursor briefly appears as the Windows mouse (as is expected), but then quickly changes to the MAC mouse. I am able to move the mouse in the Windows VM and click on things, but hot tracking and other mouse hover operations do not work in the second VM.

Ray

5. pauldr

pauldr Bit poster

I had this this problem in Parallels 8 + WinXP guest that I had just imported via Parallels Transporter.
    It went away when I went to ControlPanel -> Mouse -> Pointer Options and unchecked "Display pointer trails".