Mouse click does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SkipperS1, May 31, 2015.

1. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

This is my first time installing windows 8.1 using parallels 9 on my macbook pro (yosemite os). So I finished transferring all my data onto my mac and now parallels is upgrading my account and it is telling me to sign in Windows to complete the upgrading. However when I try clicking the box to type my password, it does not respond nor does it respond to anything else I click inside the window.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. kat

kat Product Expert

If you are on a "Windows" screen, (inside application) do you have silverlight installed on your mac?

3. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

Nope, my mac is very new so i shouldn't have much installed on it and I found out my keyboard does not work in parallels too. I do not really understand the instructions in http://kb.parallels.com/en/8246 since I migrated windows 8.1 from a PC and i doubt it is relevant.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Did you migrate a VMware virtual machine or a copy of your PC to Parallels?

5. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

Copy of my pc to parallels

6. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Skipper,
    No image came through on your last post

7. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

huh what do you mean?

8. kat

kat Product Expert

Sorry, I thought you had tried to insert an image of the screen . You answered the question PC to Parallels. The knowledge base article you pointed was for migration from VMware to Parallels, This Knowledge base article should help you: http://kb.parallels.com/en/112076
    Please select your newly created vm do not try and open it. Then go to the menu across the top next to the apple select Actions> then follow the knowledge base article.
    After you get your vm started please make sure that Parallels tools have been installed.

9. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

I tried all the settings and my keyboard and mouse (clicking only) still do not work.

10. kat

kat Product Expert

Rather than ask these question individually I am asking them all at once to save you time.
    1. Are you using a beta for Yosemite, if you are this may be an apple issue. If yes, let apple know about the issue.
    2. Is the screen you are trying to gain access to a web based log-on screen from Microsoft? If it is you may need to download silverlight for mac from microsoft.
    If is not then contact customer support/tech support. http://kb.parallels.com/en/6571

11. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

1. Nope I am not using the beta, mine is yosemite ver. 10.10.
    2.Yes it is a web based log on screen. So I guess i should download it now............After installing it i am not so sure what to do.

12. kat

kat Product Expert

After installing and restarting you should be able to log on. I have had several issue with web base log ons that require silverlight.
    I hope this works for you, if not please contact customer support.

13. SkipperS1

SkipperS1 Bit poster

I installed silverlight, I restarted my mac and I still face the same problems.

14. kat

kat Product Expert

The only other thing I could suggest is check that you have write access to the .pvm file. To find the file: in the finder search area type .pvm when the file is shown right click (two finger on track pad) select Get Info > under sharing & permissions make sure you have read and write access. Other than that I would suggest that you contactcustomer support/tech support. http://kb.parallels.com/en/6571