Mouse Sticks and does not release

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JoachimC, Jun 20, 2018.

1. JoachimC

JoachimC Bit poster

Hi there,

I have just installed OSX 10.12.16 within Parallels 13.3.1. ( Sierra)
    My Mac runs 10.13.5 ( High Sierra)
    I need to work on Sierra to connect to my company network instead of High Sierra and I want to keep my work as a separate virtual machine.
    It is impossible to actually work on the virtual machine, the mouse keeps locked as if it clicks and doesn't release any more.
    What needs to be done to release the mouse? When I move the mouse out of the VM it works, but as soon as I'm back in the VM it is unusable.
    Best
    J

2. Hi JoachimC. Please start the virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it helps.

3. JoachimC

JoachimC Bit poster

Thank you Sathiya,

Installed the Tools, no luck, problem keeps on getting back. The mouse does not release the click and keeps in that state.

4. Please start the virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Configure. In the configuration window, select Hardware -> Keyboard & Mouse and set the mouse option to 'Don't optimize for games'. Then restart the virtual machine and check if it helps.

5. JoachimC

JoachimC Bit poster

Thank you, tried this, and it does not solve the mouse issue. The mouse doesn't release.

6. JoachimC

JoachimC Bit poster

Hi there,

I have just installed an update, it seems that the mouse issue has been resolved in this release.

Best

7. Mak Burns

Mak Burns Junior Member

Thank you, tried this too, and it the same result