Move machine virtual re-licenciar third-party software

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ElenaF, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ElenaF

ElenaF Bit poster

I have installed a new version of parallels (and bought new license) on my new macbook pro. I tried to import and move my virtual machines running well on my iMac, but when I open it on my Macbook a software with which I work has lost the license, it is disabled and asks me to activate it again. This software only have 2 activations and I not still more attempts, it is very expensive and my license is original.
    Can anyone help me of how to move a virtual machine and keep it intact with activated software? Move the pvm file did not work.

Thanks a lot, regards from spain.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @ElenaF,
    Please note that when you move Parallels Desktop to another computer, the registration of your activation key remains the same. After you start Parallels Desktop it will prompt you to register your key or log in to your existing Parallels account. Select log in to an existing account, enter the login information for your account with the registered key.

If you would like to use the same virtual machine you used on your old Mac, you should copy its file to an external storage and move it to your new Mac.

we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

3. ElenaF

ElenaF Bit poster

Thanks, Paul.
    My parallels license is Ok.
    The license that is disabled when I move .pvm to MacBook Pro is other software, one of the embroidery design is my profession and I have installed inside my VM on my iMac with a license original and funtional.
    When I move my VM to my new Macbook Pro embroidery software is disabled.
    Can I do something to move the VM and that is still operational?
    It is an original software and license and I haven´t more activations.
    I would need to buy another license which costs more than 1000 euros
    Thanks,
    Elena

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, we cannot suggest anything about that third party software. You can check with their support if they can reset the license, so you can use it on your new Mac.