Hello,
I recently suffered a setback in my backup strategy and lost my bootcamp partition. (I backed up my XP Partition using winclone. I am running Snow Leopard Ver 10.6.8 and it won't restore to the partition). [Note: I also ran Parallels ver 6 using the bootcamp partition. Not sure if there is a way to use the .pvm file for bootcamp to recover the partition but I am guessing not....)
To avoid this in the future, I figure I would run VMs for XP which would allow me to use time machine / CCC to back up my windows VM and thus avoid using winclone which is no longer supported.
What is the best way to convert the Bootcamp partition to a VM? (They are both on the same machine/HardDrive). After I move the Bootcamp Partition to a VM, I plan on deleting the Bootcamp Partition.
I recently suffered a setback in my backup strategy and lost my bootcamp partition. (I backed up my XP Partition using winclone. I am running Snow Leopard Ver 10.6.8 and it won't restore to the partition). [Note: I also ran Parallels ver 6 using the bootcamp partition. Not sure if there is a way to use the .pvm file for bootcamp to recover the partition but I am guessing not....)
To avoid this in the future, I figure I would run VMs for XP which would allow me to use time machine / CCC to back up my windows VM and thus avoid using winclone which is no longer supported.
What is the best way to convert the Bootcamp partition to a VM? (They are both on the same machine/HardDrive). After I move the Bootcamp Partition to a VM, I plan on deleting the Bootcamp Partition.