I installed a 1TB mirror on my Mac as STOR02. I used the user admin advanced settings to change my home directory to /Volumes/STOR02/user/dleepenn. I had previously copied my whole /user/dleepen folder over to the STOR02 volume and had restarted the Mac.
When I checked, my personal home directory is now properly located on STOR02.
BUT... The WINXP virtual machine that I setup before I moved this data still wants to see everything in the original folder. After dragging what I thought was a now useless /user/dleepenn folder off to the trashcan, Parallels complained that it could not find the hard drive images.
I did go into the Parallels Admin menu and told it to look in /Volumes/STOR02/user/lee/documents for its files, but it would seem that Parallels is not about to let me do this.
I'm early in this process and am thinking it might be just as easy to remove my WINXP virtual machine AND blow away Parallels and start from scratch again.
Suggestions????
Lee
When I checked, my personal home directory is now properly located on STOR02.
BUT... The WINXP virtual machine that I setup before I moved this data still wants to see everything in the original folder. After dragging what I thought was a now useless /user/dleepenn folder off to the trashcan, Parallels complained that it could not find the hard drive images.
I did go into the Parallels Admin menu and told it to look in /Volumes/STOR02/user/lee/documents for its files, but it would seem that Parallels is not about to let me do this.
I'm early in this process and am thinking it might be just as easy to remove my WINXP virtual machine AND blow away Parallels and start from scratch again.
Suggestions????
Lee