MS Access database on Apple network

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndrewS17, Aug 29, 2017.

1. AndrewS17

AndrewS17 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I use Parallels very successfully on a Mac at home to locally run a large and complex Microsoft Access database that I produced. A different version of the same database is run by my office over a PC network very successfully with multiple (around 20) users. I now have another office of a similar size that has an Apple network that wants to run my database. I half-heartedly tried this a couple of years ago with somebody else and ran into problems- if I remember correctly the record-locking amongst other things didn't work as expected. Can anyone please let me know if they have successfully achieved this, or whether it is even theoretically possible using Parallels? ie. using an MS Access database in a multi-user environment (that is, multiple users simultaneously) running under Parallels from multiple Macs on an Apple network?

Cheers and thanks for reading.

2. KatherineG

KatherineG Bit poster

Andrew,
    I had Parallels on my Mac last year. Now, I want to run Access on my Mac. From your text, I sounds like you successfully run it with no issues. Have you tried running Project or Publisher with Parallels on your Mac?