Multi display apps to connect virtual machine to Android tablet - Air Display and Spacedesk

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MikeB30, Apr 10, 2020.

1. MikeB30

MikeB30 Bit poster

I have been trying to use my Samsung Tablet E as an extra display to my MacBook Pro running Mojave (OS 10.14.2).

I have found that the Air Display 2 app works perfectly in the OSX environment. However, any windows in the virtual machine (running Windows 10) will not move to the tablet, which continues to display the extension of the OSX screen. If I move the cursor to the tablet display, the virtual machine is suspended.

I thought it would at least be useful if I could use the tablet specifically in the virtual machine environment. As Air Display 2 does not work with Windows 10, I downloaded Spacedesk. However, Spacedesk cannot detect my MacBook as the Primary Machine, even if I enter the IP address manually. This address is displayed in the virtual machine environment in the Spacedesk Driver window and, I believe, has been assigned by Parallels - it is completely different to the IP address of my router (which is my iPhone, used as a hotspot). I have checked that Spacedesk is in the list of exceptions for the Windows firewall.

Any suggestions on how to get the multi display working for virtual machine using either of these apps or some other method?

Thanks.