Multi Displays & Locking Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by William6, Sep 28, 2016.

1. William6

William6 Bit poster

I have a mac running windows 10 on parallels v11.2.1 (32626) with 2 Additional Monitors (HDMI and DVI) one of which i use one as the main screen when its connected.

The problem i'm having is that when i lock the mac and unlock, e.g. taking a coffee break, the main screen has changed to the mac. This isn't ideal, and i could probably live with it, however the applications I use freeze i quite often have to close and reopen? Any ideas?

Also seems to be a glitch dragging applications from one window to another, almost as if the 'click and drag' action is released?

2. William6

William6 Bit poster

So no one reads these then? greatttt

3. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @William6
    Please update Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac to the latest build. Here is how you can get the latest build & reinstall Parallels Tools

4. William6

William6 Bit poster

Hi, yea updated last week, still the same

5. Hi, did you try to reinstall the display adapter from Device management?

6. If no, please try and let us know how it works.

7. William6

William6 Bit poster

Hi, just tried, display driver is 'Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)'
    Message I got when trying to update - 'the best driver software is already installed'

8. William6

William6 Bit poster

Uninstalled and reinstalled there, will let you know how i get on

9. DanteF

DanteF Bit poster

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I also use two screens on my Mac, and when my screen locks from inactivity SOMETIMES it will not unlock by the normal means of hitting a key on the keyboard or touching the touchpad. If I hold down the power button for a second it will unlock, but Parallels goes into presentation mode displaying the same image on both monitors. It's a nuisance more than anything, but I can't get it to stop.

10. Vincent7

Vincent7 Bit poster

Same problem here, unlock and get the screen to show then turn black then,......
    Eventually, presentation mode stops interfering. Parrallels Toolbox 4.1.0 (3674)
    How to disable the Presentation mode?
    Parrallels toolbox might be interesting but I need to have control, not the toolbox.

11. Vincent7

Vincent7 Bit poster

How to disable prensentation mode a BAD PRODUCT! or should I just de install all of Toolbox. Just mow it was about five minutes before this BAD PRODUCT stop opening and closingthe screens. It need to by disable separatly of the solution is to remove all of the Parallel Toolbox