Multiple problems since upgrading to Parallels 14

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WyleyP, Dec 4, 2018.

1. WyleyP

WyleyP Bit poster

A few days ago, I installed Parallels 14. Then Windows 10 automatically updated but at the end I received this message: "C:WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try agin. If the location still can't be found, it night have been moved or deleted."

In addition, the Start button doesn't work, nor do I see icons for, among other things, Windows Explorer or Internet explorer.

I've been spinning wheels for days! Any help would be appreciated, even reassurance that Microsoft will soon issue a fix.
    Thanks very much. Wyley

2. Hi WyleyP. Please start the virtual machine, select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and make sure that the tools are installed successfully. Then restart the virtual machine and check if it works.

3. WyleyP

WyleyP Bit poster

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I've actually tried to reinstall Parallel tools numerous times. Nothing seems to happen. Not sure how I can ensure that the reinstallation has succeeded. Alas, the problem persists. Wyley

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @WyleyP , If you have an anti-virus installed on your Windows virtual machine please uninstall it and follow steps in this article to perform manual installation of Parallels Tools.