Hi to all, I'm new to this forum and generally in the mac world. First I tried to find some information using the search tool, but I didn't find nothing at all...
So here's my question:
I configured parallels to run winxp from the bootcamp partition, and it's all fine, BUT today i bought an external firewire HD
and I got this error message:
"Sono state trovate più partizioni Windows. La configurazione non è una configurazione Boot Camp standard. Per informazioni su come configurare una virtual machine Parallels con una configurazione Boot Camp non standard su un computer Macintosh, vedere il capitolo Uso dell'installazione Boot Camp Windows XP nella Guida per l'utente di Parallels Desktop per Mac."
that is like to say: "Parallels found more than one Windows partition. The configuration is not a Boot camp standard configuration. for information on how to configure a parallels virtual machine with a non standard configuration of boot camp on a mac compter .... let's see the manual"
obviously I didn't understood what to do
if I disconnect (fisically) the external drive, Parallels works fine, but if i connect again the HD it will be seen by MAC but not by WIN.
Any suggestion on how to fix the problem?
thanks a lot
Alex
Excuse my poor english but i'm too lazy to improove it
So here's my question:
I configured parallels to run winxp from the bootcamp partition, and it's all fine, BUT today i bought an external firewire HD
and I got this error message:
"Sono state trovate più partizioni Windows. La configurazione non è una configurazione Boot Camp standard. Per informazioni su come configurare una virtual machine Parallels con una configurazione Boot Camp non standard su un computer Macintosh, vedere il capitolo Uso dell'installazione Boot Camp Windows XP nella Guida per l'utente di Parallels Desktop per Mac."
that is like to say: "Parallels found more than one Windows partition. The configuration is not a Boot camp standard configuration. for information on how to configure a parallels virtual machine with a non standard configuration of boot camp on a mac compter .... let's see the manual"
obviously I didn't understood what to do
if I disconnect (fisically) the external drive, Parallels works fine, but if i connect again the HD it will be seen by MAC but not by WIN.
Any suggestion on how to fix the problem?
thanks a lot
Alex
Excuse my poor english but i'm too lazy to improove it