My C drive keeps getting bigger and bigger, Why?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TedShwartz, Aug 23, 2018.

1. TedShwartz

TedShwartz Bit poster

Hello
    I am running an Imac (most up to date MacOs High Sierra) with Parallels and Windows 7 Home Premium (as up to date as possible) with Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Home Edition. My "C" drive keeps getting fuller and fuller, bigger and bigger over time. All of my work is done with Mac applications except for my Adobe Creative Suite (CS5) which is used for map making. My CS5 is old, legitimate, and paid for many years ago.

What is puzzling me is how my "C" drive on the VM (originally about 45 gb) has grown to 90 gb. All data files are stored in the Mac file system. The only application is CS5 and whatever the latest Windows upgrades are. Originally when I setup the VM about 5 years ago it was approximately 45 gb. Now it is about 96 gb. I don't use snapshots. If Windows gets trashed I simply restore a disk image. What is bothering me is the every 6 months or so needing to expand my file system, on what should be a simple stable base.

Yet when I look at the "C" via Windows Explorer I see 3.94 gb free out of 89.6

upload_2018-8-23_16-17-4.png

in another view I see this

upload_2018-8-23_16-17-31.png

my largest folders are Windows
    upload_2018-8-23_16-18-44.png

Users
    upload_2018-8-23_16-19-10.png

and Progam Files (X86)
    upload_2018-8-23_16-20-1.png

Why does my file system keep growing, and what can I do about it?

Thanks
    Ted

Attached Files: