Thomas Bailey
Bit poster
I know EVERYONE is frustrated with how slow P4 is when it was touted as an improvement over P3. I too have been pulling out teeth with how slow and unresponsive P4 has consistently been, particularly after the last downloaded patch about feb/mar 2009. I decided to give reinstalling P4 to see if there was an improvement. I downloaded he latest installer version for P4 while attempting to install from the install DVD, and low and behold, the installer (Hopefully!) seems to have corrected whatever was making my P4 system so slow. I can only guess it was due to corrupted files or a poor previous installation. Either way, it was an easy fix without needing to worry about where my data files were, re-entering serial numbers, or otherwise causing a great big pain in the neck.
If anyone else tries this and finds it helps or does not help, please post your experiences here in order to develop a consensus on whether it helps.
Cheers!
Tom B
If anyone else tries this and finds it helps or does not help, please post your experiences here in order to develop a consensus on whether it helps.
Cheers!
Tom B