My Parallels for MacBook Pro M1 activation key is blacklisted

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by SyedA1, May 9, 2021.

1. SyedA1

SyedA1 Bit Poster

Hey,

I tried to login my parallels desktop on Macbook pro M1 laptop early this morning and it asked for activation key, When I tried to put my activate my key it is throwing error message showing "your activation key is backlisted" why this has happened suddenly I have to use my desktop immediately. Appreciate your immediate support to resolve the issue. Regards.

2. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

If you want immediate support, I would suggest that you contact Parallels Support directly. That should be a lot faster than waiting for someone from Parallels to notice your forum post.

3. icetear

icetear Bit Poster

still using the preview version by chance? No longer works, you have to buy 16.5

4. TK_3

TK_3 Bit Poster

How can I contact them directly?

5. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Go to the Support section on parallels.com.

6. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, you can also check your inbox and reply us back via the private message.

7. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

My Windows Pro is not activated even after 10 Days. The Product Key of Microsoft is 25 Characters & Parallels had issued Product Key of 30 Characters. There is no other option to contact directly Parallels. If we mention our grievances in Facebook or Twitter, they respond after a week.

8. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hello, could you reply us back via he private message please?

9. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

When I contacted Microsoft they tried to rectify online & concluded the Key is Invalid. As your Key is of 30 characters instead of 25

Attached Files:

10. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Are you trying to activate Windows with your Parallels key? That will obviously not work. The Parallels key is for your copy of Parallels. If you want to activate Windows you need a Windows license key.

11. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

Yes.
    Will Windows update without it

12. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Yes, you can use the Insider builds without activating Windows. Some personalisation options like themes require an activation, though.
    If you want to update Windows, make sure in your Insider settings that you are in the Dev Channel.

13. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

Anyone who has installed Windows of Parallels in MB Pro will not an active Window, right?

14. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question.

15. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

There was a typing error earlier. I will make it clear here. After installing Windows of Parallels , when I checked the Activation under settings, it say Windows is not activated. Does this appear to all those who have installed from Parallels

16. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

Yes, to all of us who haven't activated Windows. As long as you keep updating your Insider builds you won't have a problem using Windows without activation.
    (If you eventually want to activate Windows, you will need a Windows 10 Pro license. A Home license can't be used.)

17. ThampiA

ThampiA Bit Poster

Okay. Thank you Mr. Michael for your information.