Native keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by klabarre, Apr 2, 2012.

1. klabarre

klabarre Guest

First of all, I love the android client. By far the best RDP client for my needs. Up until recently everything has worked flawlessly, but as of a few weeks ago I started having issues typing... all typing while connected to a remote system. As an example I can bring up notepad and start typing, but nothing is displayed within Notepad, until I press the enter key. Web forms and any other programs behave the same way. I found that this is the case when I use the keyboard that came with the Xoom as well as other aftermarket keyboards. The only one that works consistently is the one that comes with the 2x client. Unfortunately I have a specific keyboard I use for business purposes. I have tested this behavior connected to Win 7 as well as Win 2003 Server and Win XP systems.

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

the problem comes up after changing to the native keyboard within the android client?

can you try changing to it if you havent tried yet?

3. klabarre

klabarre Guest

Just to verify I have the terms correct (please feel free to correct me on any of this)... by *native* keyboard I believe we are referring to the keyboard that is native to the OS/Android, not the keyboard that comes with the 2X Android client. When I use the keyboard that is built into the 2X client the problem is not present and everything works as it should. When I use any other keyboard however the issue is present. To clarify, I only see the issue when "Use Native Keyboard" is checked within the options screen.

In case it matters, my Xoom is running Android 4.0.4. Please let me know if I can provide any information that may assist in diagnosing this issue.

4. jasben

jasben Bit poster

I am having a similar problem, I have a ASUS TF101 which has a removable keyboard. All worked perfectly until the latest update, now i can no longer use the keyboard to type entries and have to use the onscreen one to enter details.

Would it be possible to download the pervious version?

Thanks

5. eolsenx

eolsenx Bit poster

I also have an ASUS TF101. When using the keyboard on the dock in the 2x app, it adds characters when I type. I first noticed an issue because I couldn't log in to my remote connection--now I see it is because the masked password had extra characters in it.
    To clarify--the docked keyboard works fine in other apps (such as the browser, which I am using right now), and the on-screen 2x keyboard also works fine.

6. jpc

jpc Pro

According to the change log, this issue should have been solved in the latest Android Client (v11.0.1823).