Native support for iPad Pro 11?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ParallelsU213, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ParallelsU213

ParallelsU213 Bit poster

I am re-evaluating Parallels for my daily work when I need to access a remote computer. I haven't used it in a while and am now using the latest iPad Pro 11"

It works fine, but the Parallels Access app doesn't seem to support the iPad's native resolution. There are black bars all around the image, top/bottom and sides. I looke at the most recent update, and it mentions support for new screen sizes and mentions iPhone XR, but no mention of new iPad Pro. There is a 4.0 update from 8 months ago that mentions the iPad Pro, but that must be the 10.5 or 12.

Am I missing something? Is there some setting that will get rid of the black bars? Or is there an update ofr the iPad Pro 11 in the works?

Thanks.

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Try re-installing Parallels Access application on both host and remote device then check the resolution issue

3. Farhad1

Farhad1 Bit poster

KebahK I am also seeing this issue on my new iPad 12.9" - the Parallels App, like all other apps, needs to be updated to support the screen size of the new iPads. Do you have any idea when this will happen? I use this app a lot and I'd really like it to fully support the screen size of the new iPads.

Thanks!

4. Hi @Farhad1 Parallels Engineering team are currently working on the resolution, so please keep your Parallels Access version updated and we will inform you about new features and updates once it will be available.

5. Farhad1

Farhad1 Bit poster

Thanks for the update @Maria@Parallels, looking forward to seeing what you guys are working on next :)

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. NickA7

NickA7 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels I've just come across this post, and I have exactly the same issue on my iPad Pro 11-inch, can you advise if this is still an issue and what can be done to resolve and make full use of the iPad's screen - I get this regardless of the host type (win and mac). Thanks in advance. Nick...

7. Hi Nick, this is the known issue and we're currently working on the resolution. Once it will be available we will share this info officially.

8. MartinB20

MartinB20 Bit poster

Did you try re-installing both applications (client / host)? For some reason it worked for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2019
    Maria@Parallels likes this.