Need Help running a virtual background on Zoom

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AryehW, Aug 31, 2022.

1. AryehW

AryehW Bit poster

Hi,

I'm an independent contractor meeting with customers every day over Zoom, and I just got a new M1 MacBook Pro as much of my business is done on Mac. However, as I now run parallels since M1 Macs no longer have access to Bootcamp, I'm encountering an issue I never had before. Zoom no longer allows me to have virtual backgrounds up which is a problem as I work from home. It just says, "your devices does not support virtual backgrounds". This doesn't make sense as I can use them just fine when running on the Mac side of things. And yes, I know I run both Mac and Windows simultaneously on it, but it's a lot easier to have them both on the Windows at the same time for what I do. Does anyone know if there anything I can do to fix this problem?

MikeM44 likes this.
  2. MatthewL20

MatthewL20 Bit poster

I also would like to have an answer to this, It seems the issue is Parallels presents 2gb of video ram to the OS which does not meet the minimum requirements of Zoom. However I have not found a way to expand the amount of vram presented to the OS to overcome this challenge. You would think Parallels would b all over this but I have not found any info other than people asking for help.

MikeM44 likes this.
  3. EricK18

EricK18 Bit poster

Is there an answer to the above? I have the same issue.

MikeM44 likes this.
  4. MikeM44

MikeM44 Bit poster

Same issue - where is this at? Works great on my Mac running Parallels.