Need help with Parallels after Mavericks/Solo X2/SSD upgrade in 2008 Mac Pro 3,1

dcpmark

Bit poster
I have a working Parallels 6/Windows 7 setup under Lion on my first internal hard drive that used to be my boot drive. The Windows 7/Bootcamp hard drive partition is actually on my second internal drive. I just did the X2/840 Evo/Mavericks upgrade, then used Software Migration to migrate everything over from my Lion boot drive, and that is now my boot drive.

What do I need to do get Parallels/Windows 7 working again? I know I would have to purchase Parallels 9 to work with Mavericks, but do I just do that and select the same Windows 7 hard drive partition during installation and I'm done, or is it more complicated than that? I don't have to reinstall or upgrade Windows, right?

TIA!
 
Hi dcpmark,

You just have to purchased Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac and install it. The Windows Virtual Machine will work just on a click once PD9 is installed like how it was before but with additional features of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.
 
Back
Top