NEED HELPS! Macbook Air windows set-up

JeroL

Bit poster
Hi,

I downloaded parallels from the internet and got the key online from a friend as I do not have a CD-ROM drive.
It downloaded smoothly until the start of the window XP. It appears black screen saying that,

768 MB physical memory installed.
SCSI controller is not installed.
Network bootrom is installed.
Press ESC to select boot device../
Trying to boot from Primary Master IDE drive ... failed.
Trying to boot from CD-ROM drive... failed
Trying to boot from Networking...

No boot filename received.
MOF: Existing intel PXE ROM.
No boot decide is available

Someone please me to resolve!!, this is the first time i'm downloading this type of software.
 
I do not have a window XP cd.
Is it a must to have a window XP software? Becasue my Macbook Air doesn't have a CDROM DRIVE
 
Parallels virtualizes a PC. The PC requires an operating system to run. It can be Windows or Linux or whatever OS you want to use. Most versions of Linux can be downloaded for free as an .iso disk image file. To use Windows, you need to have it already or buy it. You can download a version of Windows in an .iso file format. Or you can use another computer's CD ROM drive to convert a Windows CD to an .iso file format. Parallels can boot the virtual machine with a real CD or DVD or .iso file or other type of disk image file.
 
I'm downloading the window XP iso. from microsoft now..
Do you have any other idea where can I get window XP iso format for free on the net incase the one from microsoft doesn't work?
 
Back
Top