Need my Parallels Desktop 10 re-activated

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DaleK1, Oct 15, 2017.

1. DaleK1

DaleK1 Bit poster

Had to backup and restore from time machine and need my PDM 10 license reset. And of course the only recourse is to come here and ask for it. I assume it is a ploy to get people to just pay the Parallels upgrade tax instead of actually providing a way to move from one mac to another.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    If you wish to use the new version then you can purchase a paid upgrade or continue using the same version which you have with compatible macOS X.

3. AndreasH8

AndreasH8 Bit poster

I don't know how to start a new threat, therefore I'm using this one.
    I have a smiliar problem, the GPU of my old mac is defect, an I installed a backup on a new Mac.
    Could you reset the my license of my PDM 10?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AndreasH8, we have checked the records and made necessary settings for the license key. If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works.

5. AndreasH8

AndreasH8 Bit poster

It worked out, Thanks

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!