Need to mount an hdd file from a carbon copy backup disk

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BillPennock, Oct 21, 2019.

1. BillPennock

BillPennock Bit poster

I have seen several references to Parallels Mounter but I can't find it. I have right clicked on the hdd file and nothing. I've looked in library\parallels and applications\parallels and can't find anything that looks like it. Is that what I should be looking for and if so where is it or can I download it from somewhere. I have to restore the master.mdf and master.ldf to get my sqlserver to start and need to get into that disk to do it.

2. strells

strells Product Expert

If PD is installed, when you right-click a .pvm file, there should be Open With...Parallels Mounter. You don't have that?

3. BillPennock

BillPennock Bit poster

I found it. I didn't realize till your instruction that it wasn't on the first right click menu. I equated it to how 7zip is on that first menu. Now that I've found it I used it but I can't tell for certain where that mounts the drive?

4. BillPennock

BillPennock Bit poster

i right clicked on the .pvm. I hit open with...parallels mounter and nothing changes in finder at all?

5. @BillPennock,
    we've received your reply:
    I did find it this time. Not sure why I didn't see it last time except perhaps that I thought it would directly be on the right click menu and not under open with.

What I can't see is after I select that where does it mount?

You will be able to see it in Finder on the left menu

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  6. BillPennock

BillPennock Bit poster

I don't mean to be rude but what about "nothing changes in finder at all?" was not clear. I right click on the PVM. I select open with. I select Parallels mounter and have the browser window open enough to see all items in the finder left menu and NOTHING changes. There is no error message either