.Net Framework 3.5 installation (windows 10)

PilotesT

Bit poster
Hello,

I need to install .Net Framework 3.5 to run an Edge app. But every time I try to, windows update give me the message "impossible to install ...." error code 0x800F081F.
Do anyone knows what to do?
 
I have a Windows 10 VM on my system and ran into something similar. The first thing I did was run "regedit" to determine what version of the .NET Framework was already installed. On my system I found that version 4 was already installed so, of course, I could not install 3.5. You might want to check as well. You can find instructions on how to determine what version is on your system here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/do...how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

If you already have version 4 or greater I assume you can not install an earlier version, but I am not sure about that. Perhaps some Windows expert can address that question.
 
@alexg:

I guess I am confused. If Windows 10 already has .NET Framework 4.0 installed (as mine appears to have) how can .NET Framework 3.5 be installed? Can they co-exist on the same system?
 
OK. So they can be installed in parallel. I was wrong, and I apologize for the incorrect information I posted. Thank you for correcting that, and I will remember that I can install the 3.5 .NET Framework on Windows 10.
 
Back
Top