Netflix not working on M1 Mac (media feature Pack)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DrewS5, Apr 17, 2021.

1. DrewS5

DrewS5 Bit poster

Hi, I have recently downloaded Netflix through Paralles on an M1 Mac. I'm having issue playing video via the Netflix app. An error is displayed (U7354), I googled this and it says to install the Media Feature Pack on Windows. The second issue I'm now having is none of the downloads on the below link are applicable.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack
    I then tried Apps/Apps & Feature/Optional Feture/Add feature

and Media Feature Pack is not on the list to be installed.
    Is anyone else having this issue and know a fix?

2. DrewS5

DrewS5 Bit poster

Thanks the Microsoft edge on Paralles doesn't have these same setting so can find the permissions. Also this is within the App not on the browser?

3. IanP4

IanP4 Bit poster

Having the same issue when trying to stream from the windows Netflix app on my M1 Macbook Air. I also cant download videos for offline viewing :(

DrewS5 likes this.
  4. shinep

shinep Bit poster

I also have the same issue re: (Netflix Error code: U7354).
    I am running Parallels Desktop 17.0.1 (51482) for Mac Pro Edition, and Parallels Tools: 17.0.1.51482. The Virtual Machine has Windows 11 OS build: 22468.1000 installed, and Netflix App version: 6.97.752.
    Is there a solution for this?

5. JoseM64

JoseM64 Bit poster

Same Problem here, can't download any content from Netflix, Please help!!

6. shinep

shinep Bit poster

Is there any progress on this issue yet? A response from Parallels Support would be nice?

7. UwaisL

UwaisL Bit poster

I'm having the same issue while running Windows 11 on M1 (with parallels on monterey). I would really like to use the netflix app for offline viewing but it keeps coming up with error code: U7354

shinep likes this.
  8. AsierGanzarin

AsierGanzarin Bit poster

I also have the same issue, I have a Mac Pro with M1, is there any solution?

PD: I also have the same problem with Disney+ installed with Parallel.

shinep likes this.
  9. sebastianc8

sebastianc8 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Can't watch Netflix with M1 MacBook Pro, Parallels Version 17.1.1 (51537).

10. Andreww26

Andreww26 Bit poster

None of the streaming services work via the app. Have been able to get Disney to work on edge. Any solution to get the app working.

11. Peterv18

Peterv18 Bit poster

i have the same issue

12. LucO

LucO Bit poster

Hoping someone has found a solution to this. Just purchased an M1 MacBook, and I'll have to return it unless I can get offline Netflix working.

13. MilaT

MilaT Bit poster

So I reached Netflix support to understand if there was something possible to configure or "fix" somehow, but their reply basically was that the app is not built for virtual machines so it won't work at all. It is not a Parallels problem. It's a Netflix problem, unfortunately :(

14. I am running Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition and Parallels Tools. The Virtual Machine has Windows 11 OS build: 22468.1000 installed. I have downloaded the Netflix app through the Windows app store. Every time I try to play movies I receive the following error:
    Whoops, something went wrong ...
    We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title.
    Error code: U7354