Specs:
Parallels 6 (Build 6.0.11992 (Revision 625164; December 17, 2010))
Mac OS X 10.6.5
MacBook 13 Intel Core Duo 2G memory
Installed Parallels 6 and updated with latest build.
Installed Ubuntu 10.10.
Reinstalled Parallels Tools.
After several attempts using different settings for the Network within Parallels, I found in the Mac System Preferences Network there are no Parallels interfaces listed. The previous version of Parallels (3) resulted in interfaces for Parallels being listed in the Mac Network panel.
I've attempted Shared, Bridged, and Host-only in trying to get the network to connect to the Internet within Ubuntu but nothing has resulted in a connection to the Internet. I'm thinking the lack of interfaces for Parallels within the Mac Network Panel is the problem.
If my assessment is correct, how do I get the Parallels network interfaces to be listed in the Mac Network Panel? Was the lack of Parallels interfaces in the Mac Network Panel due to an install problem or are they to be created manually?
Thanks.
Parallels 6 (Build 6.0.11992 (Revision 625164; December 17, 2010))
Mac OS X 10.6.5
MacBook 13 Intel Core Duo 2G memory
Installed Parallels 6 and updated with latest build.
Installed Ubuntu 10.10.
Reinstalled Parallels Tools.
After several attempts using different settings for the Network within Parallels, I found in the Mac System Preferences Network there are no Parallels interfaces listed. The previous version of Parallels (3) resulted in interfaces for Parallels being listed in the Mac Network panel.
I've attempted Shared, Bridged, and Host-only in trying to get the network to connect to the Internet within Ubuntu but nothing has resulted in a connection to the Internet. I'm thinking the lack of interfaces for Parallels within the Mac Network Panel is the problem.
If my assessment is correct, how do I get the Parallels network interfaces to be listed in the Mac Network Panel? Was the lack of Parallels interfaces in the Mac Network Panel due to an install problem or are they to be created manually?
Thanks.