If a networking guru can help, I'd appreciate it as I really suck at understanding Parallels networking. Since installing Parallels Desktop 7 we've had some severe networking issues. When I run Parallels with the internet adapter turned on, my husband looses his network access, although neither of my two sons' Macs or mine are affected. Even after I quit Parallels, the problem persists. If I restart my Mac, the problem disappears until the next time I run Parallels.
So, bottom line is: Which is the correct option to access the internet with Win 7 VM machine running on Parallels. I have an ethernet connection to the router, all the other computers are wi-fi. We're connecting using DHCP and Configure IPv6 is set to "Automatically", with no address being returned by the router. There don't appear to be any duplicate IP addresses. My Mac is OS 10.7, all others are 10.6. On the Windows VM, the network adapter is set to "default".
Lastly, before this problem began, while playing around in Windows, I identified my network as a Workgroup. I immediately recognized it was an error and changed the network to public. In my Network Preference WINS panel I have a NetBIOS name and a Workgroup (it says the NetBIOS Name is currently being used). Should that be there and if not, how do I delete it?
Thanks for any help. You may be preventing the divorce of a couple married 40 years ;-)
So, bottom line is: Which is the correct option to access the internet with Win 7 VM machine running on Parallels. I have an ethernet connection to the router, all the other computers are wi-fi. We're connecting using DHCP and Configure IPv6 is set to "Automatically", with no address being returned by the router. There don't appear to be any duplicate IP addresses. My Mac is OS 10.7, all others are 10.6. On the Windows VM, the network adapter is set to "default".
Lastly, before this problem began, while playing around in Windows, I identified my network as a Workgroup. I immediately recognized it was an error and changed the network to public. In my Network Preference WINS panel I have a NetBIOS name and a Workgroup (it says the NetBIOS Name is currently being used). Should that be there and if not, how do I delete it?
Thanks for any help. You may be preventing the divorce of a couple married 40 years ;-)